What size dumpster is right for your project? It depends on the size of the project you are working on and the footprint you have available to place the dumpster. We’ve broken down each roll-off dumpster size by dimensions, common uses, and their capacity equivalent in full-size pick-up trucks to help you decide which one is right for you.
Dumpster Sizing Chart: (by project)
10 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
The smallest dumpster holds 10 CY of waste and is great for house projects.
- Small basement or garage cleanouts
- 250 square-foot deck replacement
- 1,500 square feet of roof shingles
- Disposal of yard debris
- Small kitchen or bath remodel
20 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
A 20 CY dumpster is ideal for larger home projects and small construction sites with plenty of space to house the dumpster footprint.
- Multiple room renovation
- Flooring and carpet removal in larger homes
- Large deck or roofing removal
- Large basement, attic, or garage cleanup
30 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
A 30 CY dumpster can handle most demolition and construction projects with ease.
- Major home addition
- New home construction
- Garage demolition
- Replacing windows or siding on a small-to-medium sized home
40 Cubic Yard Roll-off Dumpster
The largest dumpster can handle debris from large residential and commercial job sites.
- Window, siding, or roofing replacement
- Extensive renovations
- Whole building cleanout
- New construction